Re: [Amel] Deck Construction

ladyannila <kanalmamman@...>

As the current owner of the SM with hull no 232, we will just say
thank you for the information of the deck construction.

Regards
Ann-Sofie and Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila
SM 232

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Jean Boucharlat"
<jean.boucharlat@...> wrote:

To the best of my knowledge in the late 70's and early 80's Amel
used to
build both types of decks, balsa cored and straight FRP. The balsa
cored
decks used to be an option for better insulation and they called it
"Tropical" or something similar. In 1981, I ordered a Maramu,
delivered in
October of that year, with the balsa core option. Later on, they
standardized production to balsa cored decks only and this is how
my (1998
model, hull 232), and all other, SM's came.

In order to know if a particular boat of that period was cored or
FRP only
you would probably have to check directly with the yard, they keep
excellent
records.

Jean Boucharlat