Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: A54 : can I switch from butane to propane? + advise how to sail to Taiwan?

Oscar,

On our 11 year world trip to 58 countries we had American style gas bottles. We found liquified gas when we needed it, wherever we were. New Zealand required us the have the Aluminum tanks tested, certified and engraved with metric capacities before filling. A dive shop did that for us. All of the different liquified gas worked in the Eno stove, some we're hotter than others and one country's gas left black spot on pots. Basically, no big issues.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019, 4:52 AM divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Hello Oscar,

Our SM was sailed from France through the Pacific with the original blue bottles which were not refillable in New Zealand.
We ditched the blue bottles and bought bottles that are more standard for the South Pacific. In some places we get Butane in others Propane. The Stove is designed for butane but works fine with propane....the oven doesn't get as hot with propane compared with butane, but otherwise no problems.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437