Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: A54 : can I switch from butane to propane? + advise how to sail to Taiwan?

eric freedman

Hi Alan,

When I took delivery of Kimberlite I changed the stove over to propane with aluminum tanks.

To get the correct heat I carefully used a very small drill it  in a pin vise to drill out every jet and the holes in the oven burner. The drill bit was about a number 65  drill bit.

It is a tedious job but if done carefully I can be done without breaking a drill bit.

The oven and burners work well . Except for the rear of the oven being hotter than the font, this has worked for the last 16 years.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376