Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: A54 : can I switch from butane to propane? + advise how to sail to Taiwan?

eric freedman

Hi Alan,

When I took delivery of Kimberlite I changed the stove over to propane with aluminum tanks.

To get the correct heat I carefully used a very small drill it  in a pin vise to drill out every jet and the holes in the oven burner. The drill bit was about a number 65  drill bit.

It is a tedious job but if done carefully I can be done without breaking a drill bit.

The oven and burners work well . Except for the rear of the oven being hotter than the font, this has worked for the last 16 years.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 5:48 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: A54 : can I switch from butane to propane? + advise how to sail to Taiwan?

Hello Oscar,

Our SM was sailed from France through the Pacific with the original blue bottles which were not refillable in New Zealand.

We ditched the blue bottles and bought bottles that are more standard for the South Pacific. In some places we get Butane in others Propane. The Stove is designed for butane but works fine with propane....the oven doesn't get as hot with propane compared with butane, but otherwise no problems.

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.