Re: Stern arch Amel 54

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Hi Arno,

We are interested in a stern arch also.  Are you planning on straddling the stern cleat with the vertical struts or having the rear strut attach at the transom?  I talked with Atlantic Towers at the Annapolis Boat Show a couple of months ago.  I asked them if they would be interested in coming to the boat, it was very close, to measure for the arch as they had not manufactured any for a 54 – they declined.  That was unfortunate; I was impressed with their product after seeing several on Super Maramu’s at the Amel Rendezvous at St. Michaels.

I believe they bend and weld aluminum very well but I would guess they job out powder coat services.  Be cautious, substrate prep especially on aluminum is the key to longevity of the finish.  It could be worth the extra time you would invest get the background on the powder coater and how they prep the material.

Please let us know how the project progresses.

Mark Mueller

Brass Ring

A54