Re: Stern arch Amel 54

Arno Luijten

Hi Mark,

I actually ordered the arch at the Annapolis boat show. I have been talking to them on the show for a while and it seems they have a permanent 3rd party address for the powder coating as they do this frequently.
They have long term experience with this coating as well (7 years) and provided the assembly is done well the stuff holds up very well they told me.

So the plan is to have the front legs mounted on the deck under the corner seats in the back and the two rear legs on the transom. This means I will have to cut off part of the front legs to make it fit. Their engineer thinks I can do with the arch with the front and back legs at the same width (so no offset between the front and real legs). But I need to verify this.
Communication with Atlantic Towers is a bit slow. So getting the precise information about size and dimensions takes some time.

The front legs have an angle of 55 deg. with the horizontal plane and the rear legs have an angle of 60 degrees. This determines how far forward the arch can be before it touches the corner seat
I have ordered the david-tubes as well so we can hang a dingy from it.
The legs are mounted on the boat using feet with a swivelling eye to adjust to the angle of the mounting surface.

We plan to put four solar panels on the arch with total peak power of about 600 Watts (4 pce. Solara S565M44 Ultra), not a huge amount but I don’t want the total installation to be crazy big.

I will let you know how this will progress.

In the mean time does anyone know what color the gelcoat of the Amel 54 is? Preferably a RAL color number.

Regards,

Arno
SV Luna,
A54-121