Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Possible late Spring Amel Caribbean Rally

John Clark

I think it is a great idea.  I had the great fun last summer sailing with three other  SMs between Grenada and Trinidad.  We "raced" a few legs for fun and of course took each other's pictures.

I had the nite watch last nite and thought a really cool picture would be a "fleet" of Amels running downwind on the double pole.  St Maarten to St Thomas maybe....  From the USVI/BVI we could run south to Martinique with no stress at all.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019, 14:58 Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

I would like to know what you think about having an Amel Caribbean Rally in 2019.

I would be happy to spearhead it and believe I might be able to get some discounts from marinas, marine vendors, and possibly restaurants. If we get enough participants, we might even quality for Tourism Board support from places like the BVI, St. Maarten, Martinique, St. Lucia, and Grenada. I know that the Tourism Boards have participated in past rallies by supplying transportation and tours which promote their islands.

As a participant in the Amel Rendezvous in the Chesapeak, I know how much fun these can be.

This email opens it up for discussion. Let me know if you are interested and/or if you can help put this together. Many of us probably have at least one contact in the Caribbean who could help.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus