Re: Deck Construction

anniemno1 <no_reply@...>

Our surveyor used a moisture meter and found that water had migrated
throughout the coachroof because of improperly installed and sealed
fittings. As a consequence we had to completely cut out the affected
areas and replace and glass-in new core material before we could get
the surveyor to sign off.

We have been advised to overdrill the installation holes, seal with
some form of epoxy and to then drill the proper sized hole to prevent
future water migration through the balsa core.

Good luck with your repairs.

John and Anne
Annie M

Mango #1

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "airbus4russ"
<russ.roberts.va@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me how the decks of earlier Amels (70's) were
constructed, please? Were they balsa cored? Has anyone had major
leak
or rot problems. Thanks.