Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Possible late Spring Amel Caribbean Rally

Joe Nance

Hi Bill,

This sounds like a great idea.  Tracie & I would love to participate if the timing works out.  We never know our schedule so if this happens & a date is set, we can most likely block it our of our work schedule back in the States.  Currently in St. Vincent,, heading to Martinique where we will keep the boat for a while.

Thanks for spearheading this!

Joe

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 2:58 PM Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I would like to know what you think about having an Amel Caribbean Rally in 2019.

I would be happy to spearhead it and believe I might be able to get some discounts from marinas, marine vendors, and possibly restaurants. If we get enough participants, we might even quality for Tourism Board support from places like the BVI, St. Maarten, Martinique, St. Lucia, and Grenada. I know that the Tourism Boards have participated in past rallies by supplying transportation and tours which promote their islands.

As a participant in the Amel Rendezvous in the Chesapeak, I know how much fun these can be.

This email opens it up for discussion. Let me know if you are interested and/or if you can help put this together. Many of us probably have at least one contact in the Caribbean who could help.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus