Bamar electric furler / extracting the sheaves - Extractors … Never leave home without one!

galacsea galacsea

Recently, the belt in my Bamar genoa electric fuller ruptured while furling in.  Opening the box, I realized both sheaves had to be replaced. Here comes the hard work of extracting these little guys.  Bamar tells you to lever them out with the help of two screwdrivers.  Good luck!!  After a good three days of hard work, plenty of penetrating WD40, and runs to local hardware stores, I finally succeeded in pulling them out.  Why was it such a hard job?  Can’t explain as the axel on which each each sheave is fitted was perfectly smooth and clean.  No rust.  So, it’s just a faulty design on Bamar’s part.  Just another one.