Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Possible late Spring Amel Caribbean Rally

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Awesome advice, thanks Mark.

We have been off-line for so long on this last 5700nm crossing from Cape Town  so had not yet got time to research the ABC's.

We joined Y Insurance this year who have incredibly good rates compared to Panteanius & Velos, and also include "in water" hurricane cover in the ABC's only hence our decision to go there.

Cheers
Colin & Lauren Streeter
Prickly Bay Marina

Ps...All who meet us....Please don't disown or mock us when you see our "off-pink" boat stripe and rub rail!!  We remain good Amelians... and promise to fix it at the next haulout..... the painter in Durban got the  "Amel 54 Dessert Sand"  colour we love completely wrong .....just when a weather window opened up to bolt around to Cape Town..... So we decided to take the weather gap and fix the colour at next haulout.

On 22 Jan. 2019 16:27, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Colin,

Also consider an extended stay in Aruba during hurricane season. Curacao, not so much. You will love the diving and snorkeling in Bonaire, it is really first rate. If you opt to go to Aruba, the Renaissance marina is right downtown in the heart of everything and have reasonable monthly rates. You will need to book way ahead since due to many people’s insurances companies making changes, the ABC’s are becoming a destination for those wanting to stay in the Caribbean.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us