Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance

Porter McRoberts

That helps immensely!
Thank you Colin!  And welcome to the Western Hemisphere!
Porter
A54-152

On Jan 25, 2019, at 3:46 PM, Sailing Island Pearl colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mark

Yes, Y Yacht. Their CEO (Barry?) still owns an Amel Maramu and has been talking with Amel HQ about bringing out a policy / product specially designed for Amel yacht owners. Nice bloke, who left us with a very positive impression in many ways concluding a nice personal welcome note as an Amel owner after we joined.

In our case Top Sail had just doubled their quotation on our coverage for Indian Ocean high risk areas, and this was just two weeks before our Velos policy expired, blaming it on the last hurricane season, and informing us that 5 other insurers went out of business that year and hence they were increasing all new policy quotes substantially.

We were in the process of changing to Topsail, but refuse to be ripped off like that in the 11th hour when they clearly assumed we had no time left to change companies and would just have to pay. Topsail will never be considered by us again.

Y Yacht policy certainly had less bells and whistles extra benefits than Panteanius and Velos attached to their policy, but this means big savings and we felt all the basics were well covered.

Hope this helps.

Colin & Lauren Streeter
SV Island Pearl II, SM #332
Prickly Bay

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 6:55 PM 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

(changed name of thread)

Hi Colin,

Interesting about insurance. I have spent the past couple of months shopping for insurance to get us through the Panama canal and across the S. Pacific. I have it narrowed down to Y-Yacht (UK), Novamar (USA) and Top Sail (UK) – We currently have Pantaenius and it is going to be cost prohibitive for us to continue with them. If we decide to stay in the Caribbean, the Pantaenius requirements a virtually impossible to adhere to. Either way we need to change.

When you say “Y Insurance” do you mean Y-Yacht?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff