Autohelm ST 7000 linear unit drive

tonic102004 <aebersoldp@...>

We plan to cross the atlantic next year. On our SM 227 we still run the
Autohelm ST 7000. I am thinking of buying a spare linear drive unit in
case of a problem during the passage. Since we are just the 2 of us on
the boat (my wife and myself)that might be worth to do.
One option I am thinking of, is to install a new lienar drive unit and
keep the old as spare part. Did anybody do this already and was it
difficult to install? According to Raymarine, the new unit should
perfectly work with the old Autohelm parts, e.g. the comptuer, compass
etc.?
Many thanks for your feedback
Paul
LunaBlu SM 227