Re: The Mechanics of Battery Equalization

Thomas Peacock

Hi Gary,
Our boat came with an original owner requested, LaRochelle installed modification which included a Heart 24v DC/220 v AC inverter/charger. We have been very happy with it. It is no longer made, but Xantrex ( I believe same company, different name) does have a new 24v/220v model with equalization capabilities. Some of the tech specs are beyond me, but you could start there if future brain surgery on your charger is not successful.
We did equalize our flooded cell batteries early on, but have been using AGM also with good results, although our 20 year old charger does not have a charge setting for AGM.

Tom Peacock
Aletes SM 240
St Augustine, Florida