Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Masse - and Masse + lights

Pat,

The issue with the electric heads causing a MAS check fault is almost always the result of a leaking seal on the Jabsco "Not so Quiet" macerator pump. Seawater migrates through the seal to inside the motor causing an electric connection between either 24VDC positive or negative and the bonding wire which is connected to the motor case. This connection caused by a leak can be erratic or constant. You know that you have a macerator seal failure when you see a slight trikle of water at the base of the toilet. You might want to talk to Christophe Delhaye at Caraibes Electronic at le Marin.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019, 8:19 AM sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@... wrote:

Bill, As you may know I have had my zincs disappearing faster than they should and was hoping to have Amel look into it while in LeMarine. It sounds like from what you said,it’s often the electric heads. Is current finding its way from the motor into the salt water supply hose and into the sea? Would that be only when power is supplied to the motor via the switch? Or is there negative leak that is constant?
Thanks
Pat
SM Shenanigans