Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance

i believe that's correct, Bill, just like Jackline, Gowrie and Pantaenius US, if I'm not mistaken. (Although Pantaneius may be closer to the parent.) My understanding, from Al Golden, who started Jackline (IMIS) is that an entrepreneurial broker, who can develop a strong market, can develop their own "brand" product and enter into an exclusive agreement with a major carrier (underwriter/insurer) to offer a product under the broker's product name. The actual insurer is always disclosed (under a few layers of marketing) in the actual policy that is issued. Probably a good scheme for narrow specialty markets like cruising yachts, where brokers like Al Golden and Barry Sullivan are really more knowledgeable than the parent giant insurers.
Cheers, Craig

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

Oh, so Y Yacht Insurance is just an insurance brokerage.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 9:17 AM sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

All,

Suggest you read further, if interested, at yyachtinsurance dot com, which states Barry Sullivan, who happens to own a Maramu, started Pantaenius UK, did business as Shearlangstone, Ltd. , became Y Yacht Insurance in 2011. Now set up Y Yacht Assurances France for post-Brexit operation. The actual insurance and underwriting is through MS Amlin, part of MS and AD (haven't researched them) and Y Yacht Insurance is a trading name of Y at-sign Limited, an English company.

FWIW,
Craig Briggs, SN68 - I did ask for a quote and will let you know what I hear.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <gmshea@...> wrote :

Hi all,
My info is that Barrie Sullivan of Y used to be the GM of Pantaenius UK but "retired" and started Y

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des Iles
Preveza