From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:59 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: The Mechanics of Battery Equalization

Mark,

Be careful. The battery chargers that charge 2 different voltage banks share the same negative between the two. This will result in the negative of the starting battery being connected to the negative of the house bank.

I think you better check with someone you trust that has knowledge of Amels and DC Voltage before you go in this direction.

Best,

Bill Rouse
Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 3:28 PM brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We have a ChargeMaster 24/30-3 & a ChargeMaster 24/100-3.  The 30 amp charger is the newer of the two.  Mastervolt was introducing a 40 amp version that would charge both the 24 & 12 volt batteries (engine starting and house) but it was not yet available when we had to replace the Xantrex that died and toasted our 12 house batteries.

Mark Mueller

Brass Ring A54