Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance

Mark Erdos

Craig,

We were able to get a quote from Y-Yacht because we are BVI flagged and our vessel is corporate owned in the BVI. I also believe they will underwrite a vessel in the USVI with a USVI address. Eric from Kimberlite has a contact who can do the address piece. The change of port is one piece of paper filed with USCG documentation.

I also have a really good independent broker who writes policies for Novamar USA, an “A” rated company with a lot of recommendations from members of the OCC. The price is the same as going to Novamar directly. However, he has a direct line to the underwriters and can help work around some issues such as survey or age of rigger etc. I am reluctant to post his contact info publically. Let me know if you’d like it.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us