Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: First Ever Amel Eastern Caribbean Rally 2019

Brent Cameron

Hi Bill, much to my surprise, I was able to get somewhere with just my iPad. I’ve created a form to allow people to indicate their preferences and allow you to track and rank them. I can blow away any/all of the responses so go ahead and play with it and give me any suggestions. I will also make you a collaborator but for the moment it probably will be easier if you tell me what to add/modify or delete. I wasn’t sure if you wanted to track guests and if so at each location (might help with getting discounts or reservations) so I’ve left that out for now but could easily add that. Here is the form:

You can also see the responses either summarized or by individual here:

It probably makes sense to throw a few test responses in there to give you an idea of how helpful each question is to allow you to plan the agenda. When you’re done playing with it and I’ve made all the changes, I’ll blow away all of our test responses and then we can publish the survey and the responses on your webpage.  I will look to see if there is some way I can hide the email addresses but I think it’s safe enough hidden away three layers deep on your school site.

Finally, these responses are also stored on a separate google spreadsheet so that you can manipulate the data (eg take the email addresses and send updates outside the forum).

Let me know what you think.

Brent

6S+

On Jan 27, 2019, at 1:56 PM, James Cromie jamescromie@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill - I may have missed a prior email regarding the proposed rally dates, or are the dated TBD?
Thanks and we hope to part of this.

James
Soteria
Little harbor, long island....all to ourselves.

On Jan 27, 2019 12:56 PM, "Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Update on coordination efforts:

I have discussed this Rally with Martinique-based potential sponsors asking for some help with the following during the Martinique portion of the Rally:
  1. A dinner at Mango Bay during the above dates for all owners attending the Rally
  2. A bus tour of Rhum Clément and possibly some other stop.
  3. Berth Discounts at the Marina du Marin.
  4. Door prizes or gift certificates from 3 different entities to be given by them during the dinner at Mango Bay.
The early indications is that we will get all of the above and possibly more. I will keep you posted and will add to the website when confirmed.

If someone has contacts at any of the other planned island stops, contact me so that we can use you to make a similar arrangement at other stops.
Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 12:39 PM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
I created a webpage for the First Ever Amel Eastern Caribbean Rally 2019. The webpage is a hidden webpage on the Amel School website. In other words, if you are on the Amel School website, you cannot find it. I put it on the Amel School website because that is the only place I own that I could create a page. If someone else wants to volunteer setting up and maintaining a webpage, it is fine with me.

To do this, I had to assume and guess almost everything. Most of what is on the page should NOT be my decision, but I made the page to get some conversation going with suggestions.

Best,

Bill Rouse
Amel School
720 Winnie St