Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance

Craig Briggs

Thanks, Mark, much appreciated. My Pantaenius comes up in April and is only $2200 for east coast US and Bahamas, so we'll likely renew if it doesn't change much. Next year perhaps I'll change, so would appreciate the contact. My email is sangaris at aol dot com.
Craig

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

Craig,

We were able to get a quote from Y-Yacht because we are BVI flagged and our vessel is corporate owned in the BVI. I also believe they will underwrite a vessel in the USVI with a USVI address. Eric from Kimberlite has a contact who can do the address piece. The change of port is one piece of paper filed with USCG documentation.

I also have a really good independent broker who writes policies for Novamar USA, an “A” rated company with a lot of recommendations from members of the OCC. The price is the same as going to Novamar directly. However, he has a direct line to the underwriters and can help work around some issues such as survey or age of rigger etc. I am reluctant to post his contact info publically. Let me know if you’d like it.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us