SM2K Main Sail Furling Motor Act 2

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi All,

I looked for my earlier post regarding my mainsail furling motor but could not find it to tag onto. As you might remember mine cease to work and thanks for all the responses on what to look for. It was not the gearbox but the motor. It had water in the white plastic housing and upon opening it up there was corrosion and a cracked in half magnet. DOA? If so I thought I remembering someone ordering furling motors directly as not to incur Amel markup. Am I wrong on this and are they the only source? If so that is fine (I guess). Any suggestions for speediest fix would be appreciated.

Chuck

Joy SM #388

St. Martin