Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM2K Main Sail Furling Motor Act 2

Donald Patterson

Based on my telephone call to Amel last week they are not available.  If you find a source would you please provide it to me.

Don Patterson

On Jan 31, 2019, at 3:36 PM, clacey9@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I looked for my earlier post regarding my mainsail furling motor but could not find it to tag onto. As you might remember mine cease to work and thanks for all the responses on what to look for. It was not the gearbox but the motor. It had water in the white plastic housing and upon opening it up there was corrosion and a cracked in half magnet. DOA? If so I thought I remembering someone ordering furling motors directly as not to incur Amel markup. Am I wrong on this and are they the only source? If so that is fine (I guess). Any suggestions for speediest fix would be appreciated.

Chuck

Joy SM #388

St. Martin