Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM2K Main Sail Furling Motor Act 2

Chuck_Kim_Joy

My wife corrected me. I should have used 'empathy'. It it shows a stronger feeling and understanding.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 9:34 PM Chuck Lacey <clacey9@...> wrote:
Hi Don,
I have complete sympathy with you and wish you the absolute best of luck on your quest for a 12v outhaul motor. I am looking for a 24v mainsail furling motor. If anyone has had recent experience with this please let me know.
Chuck
SM #388

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 5:12 PM donald patterson donaldpatterson533@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Based on my telephone call to Amel last week they are not available.  If you find a source would you please provide it to me.

Don Patterson

On Jan 31, 2019, at 3:36 PM, clacey9@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I looked for my earlier post regarding my mainsail furling motor but could not find it to tag onto. As you might remember mine cease to work and thanks for all the responses on what to look for. It was not the gearbox but the motor. It had water in the white plastic housing and upon opening it up there was corrosion and a cracked in half magnet. DOA? If so I thought I remembering someone ordering furling motors directly as not to incur Amel markup. Am I wrong on this and are they the only source? If so that is fine (I guess). Any suggestions for speediest fix would be appreciated.

Chuck

Joy SM #388

St. Martin