Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Painting boat S of Hurricane belt

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>

I had the entire Santorin painted topsides, Hull, & striping done at Peake’s. Prime coat, 2 coats of Awlgrip, and 2 coats of striping. The decks were painted the color of the striping first,  then two top coats. Still looks like new after 10 years. Cost was 1/3 the cost in the States. Even painted my 7 dorados with funnels. Fortress woodworking did some incredible cabinetry & ceramic tile in the galley, plus storage drawers. (No orange anything on my boat).
Bali Hai SN 24
Annapolis

Ric Gottschalk
Kitchen Magic Refacers, Inc

No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Kitchen Magic Refacers, Inc without express written confirmation by a Officer of the Corporation

On Feb 1, 2019, at 11:06 PM, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gary,

We used awlgrip 2000 on the hull, and the traditional awlgrip on the decks since it’s a harder paint, and holds up better under foot. On deck, they mixed the fine awlgrip grit for non skid, and it is actually a better non skid than the original decks. It has now been over 2.5 years since it was done, and it is holding up well. If you need more info or pictures, feel free to email me at flyboyscd at gmail dot com.

Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

On Feb 1, 2019, at 17:56, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Gary,

The only thing I painted were the recessed faux caulking lines. Steve Davis ALOHA painted the faux teak and the faux caulking.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970
My calendar:
https://theamelschool.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019, 8:53 PM amelliahona <no_reply@... wrote:

Bill: What brand paint was used. Was the anti-skid nature of the deck able to be maintained.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Francis Bay St. John