Wheel lock for wind vane

smiles bernard

Hello all

I’m considering a hydrovane for our vintage Maramu. I really miss having a no power, wind aligned self steering system.

The hydrovane, like the wind pilot 2 required that the main rudder is locked off.

Unfortunately my steering wheel hub is missing its lock. I found parts of it in a cupboard on the boat - so assume there is a problem/reason this was not refitted.

Does anyone have any info about how this is supposed to work?

Or any pictures/diagrams?

It would be great to get an idea of how this works before taking things apart on anchor.

I believe I have the ‘Morse 401 Commander’ steering system

Many thanks in advance for any insight

All the best
Miles
Maramu 162