Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Santorin, before purchase questions

Beaute Olivier

Hello Simon,

the first Santorins were equipped with aluminum casing C-drives, the Super Maramus as well.
This aluminum version showed some failures and AMEL changed it for cast iron casings.
Some recalls were made, mainly on Super Maramus as they had higher powered engines than Santorins, which made the aluminum casing a bit critical.. Some aluminum casing C-drives have behaved well so far, probably the case of the Santorin you visited.
You must indeed have this C-drive inspected for any oil leak. A crack in the GRP enveloppe of the lower C-drive may not be too bad as long as no oil is coming out. These cracks should be sanded down the the sound material and rebuilt.

Good luck in your purchase.

Olivier

On Monday, February 4, 2019, 1:35:34 AM GMT+1, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Simon,

Depending on your location (you don’t specify) there are a couple of people who could survey the boat who have unprecedented knowledge of all things Amel. This is my advice to you.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us