From: Richard Piller
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Heaving to Super maramu

Hi Eirc, we had to Heav to in the north Atlantic in 05. We used a short headsail and a short main with no issues. The winds were 40-60 kts for two days in seas as high as 35 feet. We laid off the wind and made very little head way but DID NOT slide back on the rudder.
Running down wind out of GIB in the same year we did drag about a 300 "U" shaped 3/4" line to keep us lined up with the seas that worked well too.
best wishes from Corsica Richard On Challenge SM 209