Hair in macerate pump

karkauai

Hi all,
I had to replace a macerator pump. It had long hair wrapped around the shaft. We were wondering if anybody has used liquid plumber periodically in their toilets to dissolve hair?

I am concerned that it might not be good for the seals and/other head parts.

I haven’t been doing any maintenance on the heads, just flush with fresh water and treat with SewClean once a year. The pumps last about two years and I’ve been replacing them when they go bad.. Do you pull the pumps off regularly for cleaning, replacing seals, other? If so, what do you do and kind of life do they have? I find it very difficult to remove the pumps without removing the bowl, no place to get a screwdriver on the bottom two bolts. Any tricks?

Thanks,
Kent & Iris
Kristy
SM 243