Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: AGM battery equalisation

Jay Perry

If the budget will allow, change the bank.
I always replace our entire house bank at the same time with the same make, model and capacity batteries. Can be expensive as we are currently using Victron Energy Gel at €300 per battery and we use 4 x 110ah. This does make a difference as Bill mentioned leaving a defective battery in the bank can damage others.

WHUATI - crew

On 11 Feb 2019, at 02:29, sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Many thanks again for all the replies.

Bill, the article about battery balancing is very interesting and the onward link to the Victron data sheet even more so. This really does seem to be what I'm lacking here, especially as for one of my pairs there is a 4V difference. I will be looking into this.

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98