Thomas
GARULFO A54-122

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Giovanni Testa gtesta23@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 10:28
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM2K yanmar startup issues
To: <amelyachtowners@...>

Hi,
I had same problems with my Eutikia SM 428_2003.
For rendom start look at red cable on start motor: the connection may be slack/oxidised. Anyway remove and fasten it. The contact MUST be perfect and steady.
For rendom shut down look at solenoid. Replace it or spry antoxidant inside from top. You have to remove the black rubber cover button. Than push it many times.
I hope that may help.
Buon Vento
Giovanni
EUTIKIA

Il 11/02/2019 01:05, 'S/V Garulfo' svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:

Hi all,

A question in behalf of a friend with a SM2K from 2002 equiped with a Yanmar 100HP 4JHTE. 

Randomly, turning the key won’t run the starter motor. 
What has been established and done so far:

The battery negative connection relay, when manually reset with the button underneath it, sometimes helps the matter. 
The same relay, when manually activated while the key is turned always fixes the issue. 
The relay was therefore incriminated and changed but the random issue remained. 

All electrical connections between the cockpit panel and the starter motor were cleaned. 

There seems to be a second relay that drives the the first one. We are a bit confused by that setup.

Independently (or not?), there seems to be an issue with the shutdown process too. Sometimes the manual “kill cord” needs to be used. 

Anyone familiar with those issues? Any further tips?

Thomas
GARULFO 
A54-122
Panama

__._,_.___

Posted by: Giovanni Testa <gtesta23@...>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

SPONSORED LINKS

__,_._,___

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.