Re: Additional solar location?

sbmesasailor

Hi Miles,

I have my entire dodger covered with flexible solar panels and I even covered a small portion of the deck between the dodger and the traveler well with panels.  I routed the wiring to a junction box inside the port side of the dodger and then ran cable from there inside the dodger to the propane storage (which I don't use as propane storage) and from there into the compartment containing the autopilot driver where I mounted the solar panel manager unit.

Works out well as i can stand on them with no problem.  Shading can be a problem if you are beating, but otherwise the panels are nicely exposed under sail.  At anchor, I use a preventer to draw the boom out to one side or the other to expose the panels.

Dennis
Libertad
Maramu #121