Re: Max Volvo RPM

Jean-Pierre Germain <jp.germain45@...>

Hi Guys,

My boat has the same setup except for the Maxprop.

A few facts about the TDM22 is that it is rated for much higher rpm than Amel chose to use.  On my previous boat, I always got 4200+ at full power with the comparable prop.  AMEL just chose to operate the engine at a lower rpm.  This was an easy choice as our engine has a good torque curve and lower rpm results in longer life and less noise/fuel.  So we have 70+ hp instead of 82 in my previous boat.

Not much impact in my opinion.

Enjoy your boats.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, SM007
Opua, NZ

On 13 Feb 2019, at 23:48, Gary Wells <gary@...> wrote:

Same here.  About 2700 on mine right now but she's got.almost.6,000hr on her.
Got nearly 3,000RPM a couple.ofmyears ago in reverser gear during a "static test" siruation ..  ..  well ..  ..  some people like to call it "running aground" ... but anyway, if the boat's not moving the Autoprop's pitch stays flatter :)

Gary W.
SM 209
BVIs