Re: Max Volvo RPM

Paul,

 At the dock you will get more than 2,800 revs in gear because the flow of water through the Autoprop when the boat is stationary is insufficient to change the angle of the blades, so less resistance and higher revs. Glad that you found improved performance once you were under way.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Cooper via Groups.Io <paul.cooper74@...>
Sent: 13 February 2019 14:52
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Max Volvo RPM

Okay thanks.  I just got 2600 after 4 new injectors installed.  Stern-to at the dock, straining against stern lines, got 3300.  The Volvo mechanic says this engine is rated over 3500 max rpms but the large size of the Autoprop may be causing the lower max rpms underway.   Also the turbo may be failing.  But she definitely has more power now (was probably running on 2 cylinders before) judging by the fact that  I scared my wife and surprised myself when we left the dock because when I gave the engine the usual amount of throttle  she leapt out of the gate instead of creeping ahead.

With a max of 2600 rpms I should be able to cruise at 80% max, or 2000 rpm, right?

Paul C.
SM238
Martinique