Re: Mainsail furling motor the saga continues

Alan Grayson

Hi Chuck, I,m a bit confused. Are you referring to the outhaul or the main furling motor. I have just removed the outhaul gearbox and motor and do not remember any plastic neck piece.
i just ordered a new LeRoy somers main furling motor and the 2 big black spacers( not really sure that’s what they are yet as I haven’t pulled it apart yet), is that what you are referring too?
Does anyone have a breakdown of the main furling motor / gearbox setup
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai
SM 406
Boat in Ft Lauderdale while I’m visiting family in Mangawhai NZ