Re: Mainsail furling motor the saga continues

Mark Erdos

A word of advice to owners replacing the sail motors. I had the same experience as Chuck. So, when ordering another sail motor from Amel I asked and paid a little extra to have Amel put the necessary attachments onto the motor. I sent Maud a picture with instructions to “please make and send me this complete unit”. Of course, Amel sent me an eact replacement and all I had to do was fit it. It wasn’t cheap but it was a perfect match. They even labeled the wires and sent a picture of connections to make.

On a side note, in my dealings with Maud, I have found she is more than willing to take a picture of what she is about to ship to you.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of clacey9
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:19 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Mainsail furling motor the saga continues

Hi All,
I received my motor from Maud today. It came as just the motor. I assumed it would come with the plastic neck piece too. It did not. This is the piece that the white housing clamps onto. Someone mentioned they had one fabricated. Has anyone had one of these fabricated and have the dimensions also how is it attached to the motor glued-screwed? I do not want to disassemble my outhaul motor to measure if I don't have too.

Thanks in advance.
Chuck
Joy #388
Stuck in St.Martin

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.