Re: Mainsail furling motor the saga continues

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi all,
Thanks for the reply Mark, Pat and Alan.  Alan it is a coller under the white housing you do not see unless you remove the motor from its protective shell. I am having one fabricated now. Live and learn. Mark had it right. Be specific, don't assume and exchange photos prior to ordering.

Thx,
Chuck

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 2:02 PM Alan Grayson <bazgrayson@...> wrote:
Hi Chuck, I,m a bit confused. Are you referring to the outhaul or the main furling motor. I have just removed the outhaul gearbox and motor and do not remember any plastic neck piece.
i just ordered a new LeRoy somers main furling motor and the 2 big black spacers( not really sure that’s what they are yet as I haven’t pulled it apart yet), is that what you are referring too?
Does anyone have a breakdown of the main furling motor / gearbox setup
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai
SM 406
Boat in Ft Lauderdale while I’m visiting family in Mangawhai NZ