Re: [Amel] Heaving to Super maramu

john martin <symoondog@...>

Eric, Whatever sails you have up in the wind you have is the right sails. You are surely reefed down if you want to heave too. Simply tack the boat over, do not release any sheets. As the bow goes through the the wind, turn the wheel all the way the other way, lash it down with a bungee cord,rope,whatever, go get a beer. The boat will make about 1 1/2 to 2 knots, very quiet and calm. Ask your friend Roberto, he was with me off the coast of Peru last year when we hove to for 30 hours. John "Moondog" SM 248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.comFrom: kimberlite@optonline.netDate: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 05:49:28 +0000Subject: [Amel] Heaving to Super maramu

I am wondering how many people have had to heave to in storm/hurricane force winds and what configuration you used in these seas?fair windsericsm 376 Kimberlite