Mystery Conduit

Alan "Woody" Wood

Hi All

While exploring ways to run cable for solar from the aft of the boat to the battery bank, I discovered an empty conduit running from near the nav station to the aft locker. It's siliconed up at the locker end yet the little (shelf) conduit running inside the cupboards was crammed with redundant wires (half of which I've pulled out now!) Can anyone tell me what it was originally used for and why it might have been abandoned and blocked off? There is an odd socket in the aft locker that's now disconnected (old shore power connector?) but I find it hard to believe it would have had it's own dedicated conduit. Is there any reason I shouldn't drill into it from the inside and use it?

Thanks in advance.

Woody
SM189
(Like the new forum by the way - can get rid that crappy Yahoo app now!)