Fw: [Amel Yacht Owners] more photos

Barry Connor

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Barry Connor <connor_barry@...>
To: Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Cc: JEFFREY KRAUS <jmkraus@...>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019, 1:05:00 PM EST
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] more photos

Hi Bill,
I have been reading with interest the goings on with Amel. You have been doing a service which they are probably very jealous of. This Amel forum is the envy of other manufacturers. I have a friend who established a similar forum for Oyster owners and the old Oyster owners did not want to know him but now the new owners are very keen to get involved with what he is doing.
When I bought our 54 #17 in 2015 I joined and have benefited from this forum. I have also purchased many items from Amel direct, I believe in supporting the manufacturer as we all need them too.
My first impressions from Amel when I mentioned our forum was that they were not interested in this forum as I think they though it took business away from them. I felt that they wanted to be the only ones that owners should be able to go to for help and advise.
The reason that I am writing this as that just very recently I was surprised that Amel now appear to want to assist me with a problem that I have discovered with my early production 54. I only became aware of this potential problem through our forum! I try to read all posts as I believe that all posts have something to help all model owners.
Jell Kraus put me on the right track to bring this problem regarding the bow stem fitting for the furler to the attention of my contact at Amel Hyeres. I am very fortunate that I have 2 later model 54's on my pontoon here at Marina di Ragusa and can see clearly the notification Amel made to the models after #17, I am not sure when they actually made the modification. Maybe 54 owners could look at the bow furler deck stem fitting to see if they have the 6.5mm or the newer 20mm fitting. The 20mm fitting also has a top plate over it, the 6.5mm stem just goes through the deck.
To sum up. I was surprised that Amel are actually looking into this. I am waiting for the reply which I should have next week and will update the forum.
I think that Amel will want to be able to promote and use this forum to enhance the Amel brand. especially now that they have changed the marketing to appeal to a much wider diversity of buyers and end users with the new boat designs.
Yours Truly

Barry and Penny Connor. (Liveaboards)
"Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54. #17
Marina di Ragusa.  Sicily

On Saturday, January 19, 2019, 10:18:36 AM EST, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I uploaded some of them to Album: Genoa Furler Stem Fitting Upgrade located at

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM jmkraus jmkraus@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I will do that later when I return from my labors aboard f/v Alisha J

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.