Re: New furlers on an Amel 54

Mark & Debbie Mueller

An alternative connection scheme: I ran into this problem when changing over to the new Bamar about 7 months ago.  After several conversations with Paul and him communicating with Bamar’s engineers an alternative connection plan was utilized.

Assuming that majority of the power is utilized when furling and therefore heat generated I connected the thermal cut-off switch in series with the “Furl” switch.  If the motor overheats when furling the thermal overload opens and protects the motor.  All the connections were made in the new control box mounted in the forepeak with no additional interface necessary.

Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54