Re: SM Goiot Hatch Models & Lense Colors

karkauai

Hi Gary,
I can confirm the Tradition and Cristal hatch models.  I replaced the lens over the forward head with clear plexiglass, cut locally to match the old lens.  I scuffed it up with a random orbital sander and 320 grit paper.
Sorry, o can’t help you with color of lenses.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On Feb 18, 2019, at 9:34 AM, Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver@...> wrote:

Hi All:

First post on the new site.  Really great search engine here, but wasn't able to find this info. Doing the research to replace a couple of lenses on my Goiot hatches as they are starting to have crazing (the little speckles that appear in the lense with UV/aging.  I believe the hatches on the deck of the my Amel SM 2000 #335 are Goiot Traditional model hatches and the hatch on the aft face of the aft cabin is a Goiot Cristal Range model.  Can anyone confirm these model designations for me.

Lenses for the foredeck are "blue" , I believe, and it must be that Amel somehow made the forward cabin and forward head lenses seimi-opaque as I don't see that Goiot offers that option.  Any thoughts on that process?

Goiot offers both blue and gray lenses.  I am virtually certain that the saloon hatch lenses is blue, but am uncertain about the color of the aft cabin hatch lenses color.   Any thoughts and information would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona'
Amel SM #335   -  Puerto Del Rey Marina - Fajardo Puerto Rico