Re: SM Goiot Hatch Models & Lense Colors

James Cromie

Pat - I am currently in Culebra and plan to in and out of Ensenada Honda through March.  If no one else is interested in some of the spare material you have, I’d be interested in some of it!  I’d love to meet you here as well.

Cheers,
James
SV Soteria 347
Culebra

On Feb 18, 2019, at 12:45 PM, Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32@...> wrote:

Gary, I just bought a large roll of semi opaque material that I applied like a decal, floated on with water ,squeegeed on to my main cabin hatch. Looks identical to the other hatches. It cut down on the sunlight quite a bit. I found it in a place that does window designs in LeMarin. I would call Goiot ,they should be able to do that for you. If nothing else ,I would be willing to mail you enough to do a few hatches. We will be in Culebra in March,if you’re over that way.
Good Luck,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

On Feb 18, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi All:

First post on the new site.  Really great search engine here, but wasn't able to find this info. Doing the research to replace a couple of lenses on my Goiot hatches as they are starting to have crazing (the little speckles that appear in the lense with UV/aging).  I believe the hatches on the forward deck of the my Amel SM 2000 #335 are Goiot Traditional model hatches and the hatch on the aft face of the aft cabin is a Goiot Cristal model.  Can anyone confirm these model designations for me?

The saloon hatch is the ??  PN 50.50  ??, and the aft cabin hatch is ??? PN 49.36-T50 ????  Confirmation from anybody aboard.

Lenses for the foredeck are "blue" , I believe, and it must be that Amel somehow made the forward cabin and forward head lenses seimi-opaque as I don't see that Goiot offers that option.  Any thoughts on that process?

Goiot offers both blue and gray lenses.  I am virtually certain that the saloon hatch lens is blue, but am uncertain about the color of the aft cabin hatch lenses color (comes standard as gray) or for the color of the forward cabin and forward head lenses.    Any thoughts and information would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona'
Amel SM #335   -  Puerto Del Rey Marina - Fajardo Puerto Rico