Re: Masse - and Masse + lights

karkauai

That’s a great pearl of wisdom, Olivier!  Merci beaucoup!!

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Feb 20, 2019, at 7:00 AM, Beaute Olivier via Groups.Io <atlanticyachtsurvey@...> wrote:

Hello Derick,

the main cause (which I often see) for the macerator motor to get contaminated with water (and therefore create a contact between 24V and the ground) is that the white plastic casing is often mounted wrong, with drain holes on each side, instead of up and down.
With drain holes on each side, the water leaking from the bowl through the lip seal remains permanently in contact with the motor's casing and corrodes it, leading to a leak from 24V (+ or -) to the ground.
I will try to attach a picture of a wrong mounted macerator plastic casing.

Have a good day

Olivier

<DSC01615.JPG>