Re: Volvo D2-75 Repower

eric freedman

Hi Ian,

Do the senders on your new engine have 2 wires on them? Temp sender, oil pressure sender, etc. ?

Is one side of the starter motor attached to the block?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of ianjudyjenkins@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:21 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo D2-75 Repower

Hi Paul,

We have about 30 hours on our D2-75. Its a good fit. The guy who installed it originally worked with the Brit who designed the TMD22 so he knows both engines well. The TMD was designed for road use and then marinised whereas the D2-75 was designed as a marine engine. Neater and more accessible. No lack of power compared to the TMD22. It is marginally noisier as it is not belt driven. Wonderfully clean exhaust. I expect fuel consumption to be the same.

The secret switch used to interrupt the power to the switch board but now interrupts the power to the starter. Volvo insist  that this engine does  not need galvanic isolation  but I like the belt and braces approach of the original so will resolve that--pending that, I have fitted the Autoprop with the  zinc cap that Autoprop supply.

Early days, but we are very pleased.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Cooper via Groups.Io <paul.cooper74@...>
Sent: 19 February 2019 02:01
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo D2-75 Repower

Any SMs with a Volvo D2-75 repower care to comment on their experience?  Good?  Problems? Power adequate?  How did you handle the galvanic isolation issue?

Thanks,

Paul C.
SM238 "Maracuya"
Martinique

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.