Re: Volvo D2-75 Repower

Thanks, Eric.

 We had about 6,500 hours on the first engine. Should have been good for more....but a French Volvo agent breathed on it. Long, expensive saga.

 Ian

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of eric freedman <kimberlite@...>
Sent: 21 February 2019 11:37
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo D2-75 Repower

Hi Ian,

The 12 V alternator should also be an isolated unit

I believe the 24 Volt alternator should  also be isolated as the whole purpose of the isolation is to prevent the house battery bank from being connected to the bonding. Recall the discussions of the 24 volt macerator toilet pumps becoming connected to the bonding due to water intrusion.

However I am also not on board and cannot give a definitive answer about that unit.

How many hours did you have on your previous engine?

With respect to the autoprop zinc, paint the heads of the screws with nail polish. This will prevent he screw heads from dissolving.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376