Re: Engine Repower for Super Maramu

Hi Dan,
As Kent noted, $55K is a breathtaking number, indeed - how much of that is installation labor?  I would have guessed the engine and transmission would be about $20K.
Reading back on your posts I only see that you said your Perkins was "tired" which begs the question of exactly why you think you need to repower? How many hours are on your Perkins and just how is she "tired" - smoking, burning too much oil, not as much power as before? How's the cylinder compression? How about just rebuilding her or trading out for an already rebuilt engine. You could do it yourself for about $3000 or have it done for maybe $10K-ish.
Craig, SN68 Sangaris