Re: Gearbox greasing

eric freedman

Hi,

I put one hole low on one side of the gearboxes and the other on the opposite side Port / starboard.

I use a 5 mm nylon bolt to close the hole. The bolts are cut rather short,  I put the grease into the gearbox using the autoprop grease gun adapter. I pump the grease from the lower hole and it exits the upper hole.

The spots on the genoa look good to me.

While you are messing around, it would be a good time to remove the shaft that goes through the gearbox on the outhaul and the outhaul winch.

I removed a few thousands of an inch from the key on the shaft and installed it with never-seeze. I grease this every 6 months and have had no problem getting the shaft out.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cathy & Guillaume via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 7:35 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Gearbox greasing

Having read the different discussions on the placement of greasing holes on the three furler gearboxes, I would like to be absolutely sure before I start drilling... Are the attached locations the right ones? OK to do in situ? Many thanks.

Guillaume
s/v Carpathia III - SM#293

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.