Re: autoprop zinc

Jose,

Each time you haulout, you should check the resistance between the propeller and the zincs using a multimeter and a wire to extend the reach. there should be almost no resistance, or in other words, 100% continuity.

If you are in the water, you can check between the top of the rudder post and the C Drive. This rudder post check assumes that there is no break inside the rudder, but I think everyone will agree that is a vey remote chance.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 11:42 AM via Groups.Io <josegvenegas=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill,

I heard about the idea of using a plastic instead of zinc and decided add zinc for one season.  When the boat came out I noticed the start of corrosion in  several small spots on the blades!  Since then I have been using zincs and plastic screws and observed no more corrosion.

Could it be that my engine/transmission is not properly bonded?  How would one know?

Jose
Ipanema SM2K 278
Boston