Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Painting deck stripes - how much paint is needed??
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
We applied Brightside Hatteras White in late 2017.
What we learned.
1. We love the color and the match is very good. It's one of those things that really revitalizes the look of the SM, helping to defy its age.
2. We could not get the pinstripe tool to perform as advertised, despite watching video, experimenting and using varying amounts of thickening agent. Over time, we developed our own method to avoid sloppy lines. You'll also need artist brushes as there several areas the tool cannot reach.
3. We used less than a quart of Brightside for one coat.
4. It took about 60 hours for the first coat. WeAs Joel says, it takes patience and my wife definitely had more than me.
5. Not a lot of difference underfoot in terms of 'cooler' decks.
6. It's been on for only 15 months and thus far we've only put on one coat (like Mark says, we opt for fun!). Can't predict how long it will last but it's wearing well so far. Eventually we will get around to that second coat!
Note that we spend most of our time in Florida and the Bahamas.
Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
On Feb 27, 2019, at 11:12 AM, Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver@...> wrote: