Re: Insurance updates.

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Alexandre,

I am very sorry to hear about your continued difficulties with your insurer.

As an aside, I now use Y Yachts in UK and their contracts are clear and concise.  If I need to make a claim, I am quite certain they would settle quickly and equitably.  But again, as mentioned before, insurers are always difficult to deal with.

Best of luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM007

On 1 Mar 2019, at 06:56, Alexandre Uster von Baar via Groups.Io <uster@...> wrote:

Over 2 months later, and despite 2 more letters from my lawyers to ask the settlement clauses to be notified still nothing.
So today I called Helvetia and said these clauses were not acceptable, that they should know by now that I will not let go, that personally I wanted to go to trial, but my lawyers want to solve the issue peacefully.
The person said he will contact the legal department to see about changing the clauses.  (last time my lawyers ask them, they supposedly were very busy and needed more time).
Always excuses..
So will see.

Now regarding Pantaneus (reminder: one of their insured lost control and hit my vessel in Nassau in July 2014).  They still not have sent the ridiculous amount they agreed to pay.
Helvetia said that Mr Thomas Mullady does not reply any of their email.  Helvetia assures me, they do everything to obtain that payment.
I told them, if in 2014 then you did not want to hire a lawyer for $20.000 I doubt you will hire one for less.  They assure me again I would be reimbursed.

Personally I will NEVER use insurance again (aside for the required liability).  It is obvious they are ALL dishonest.
In the pasts, I heard many “horror” stories, I thought this was exaggerations from upset people, unfortunately this is all true.

On a side note, the french customs asked me to pay “this year” (2019) annual fee for the boat (which they know sunk in 2017), but we solved that.

Sincerely, Alexandre