Re: Outhaul shaft removal

rossirossix4

Here are some pics of the puller that Amel uses at the Amel Caraibes Center in Martinique.  Albon lent me the tool and it allowed me to remove the shaft with almost no effort.  In anticipation of the event, I had been spraying a bit of CorrosionX down the shaft over a period of several months and routinely flushed it with fresh water when washing down the boat....might have helped--the shaft looked pretty good upon removal.  The bolt that applies pressure to the end of the shaft doesn't actually screw into the shaft, acts more like a prop puller with a pilot hole.   I think the bracket on the Amel SMs had changed over the years.  Ours is a 2004.
Bob and Suzanne, KAIMI SM 429 Martinique